Re: Cleaning up after long down time... +Rant

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Cleaning up after long down time... +Rant
From: "Brent Schwartz" <brentschwartz@qwest.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2001 22:48:32 -0500
"Andrew B. Lundgren" wrote:

> One motivation for doing this was to make room enough for my wife's
> suburban ('99) that we bought  last month.   I have a neighbor with one
> that puts it in his three car garage with 2 boats in the other two
> slots. I figured we have the same home builder, I have a three car
> garage as well, it'll fit.  I was wrong!

For many years my dad parked his huge car in a small garage by installing a
bump-out
exactly the correct size to fit the car bumper.  He cut a hole in the rear
garage wall
for the bumper to fit inside and then hung a tennis ball on a rope that touched
the windshield
when the car was the correct distance.  The car fit with about a millimeter to
spare.
I bet the new owners wondered for a long time why the garage was shaped so
funny.

Brent

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list