Green brake fluid

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Green brake fluid
From: "Simon Matthews" <simon_atwork@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 21:01:56 +0000
Could anyone comment if this is something to be concerned about:

I just changed the brake fluid in my MGA. It was about 3 years old. The old
fluid came out green -- after a little of the new fluid had come through the
bleeder and mixed with old, it was almost the same colour as my car
(non-original BRG).

Before anyone tells me that 3 years is too long to leave the fluid there:
1. I know already!
2. In a dry climate, such as we ahve in California it probalby is not too
bad.

Simon