Re: As the sun slowly sets...

To: "Will Brien" <wbrien@mediaone.net>, "MGS" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: As the sun slowly sets...
From: Bob Shaw <shaws@mlcltd.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2001 22:03:12 -0500
At 9:15 PM -0400 7/29/01, Will Brien wrote:
>An interesting day to be sure.  Woke up to some good advice about parts to
>salvage, went out for a bike ride and stumbled on a nice GT that might come
>my way, then went to a mostly muscle car show and saw two of the cleanest
>LBC's I've ever seen there (1 AH and 1 MGA) plus saw a type of MG that I've
>never seen before, then came home and got flamed.  Whew!  I think I'll pour
>myself a tall, cool one.
>
>Of particular interest was the MG I had never seen before, and I was
>wondering if any listers can enlighten me about the car.  This one was a
>1950 4-seater.  That's right, it had 4 actual seats and the ones in the rear
>looked like adults could sit in them with some degree of comfort.  The
>owners said it was something like an MGTD-Y or MGTY.  Apparently there were
>very few of these cars made.  It was an absolutely cool looking auto.
>Anyone know anything about them?
>
>Will
>Yellow 77 and friends

The car was a Y-T or Y touring 4 place open car. It was built on a YA
chassis. They had a fold down windscreen and the top was hidden in
zippered pockets when down. It had the same XPAG engine as the TC, a
bit more powerful than the YB saloon. They had the build in hydraulic
jacking system from the YB. Most of the cars were built for import
and were left hand drive. They are really neat little cars.
--
Bob Shaw
Check out Shaw's Garage at http://www.mlcltd.com/shawsgarage/

///