Re: Radiator Leakage.

To: "Wil Boucher" <william@greenmgb.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Radiator Leakage.
From: "Mike Winney" <mgb@cableone.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 16:33:34 -0700
----- Original Message -----
From: "Wil Boucher" <william@greenmgb.com>
 Subject: Radiator Leakage.
> My '69 B radiator is leaking around the back of the top and the front of
the bottom.

Wil, FWIW, When I recently replaced the original radiator in my '68 GT I
used Moss 459-660 replacement.  I live in very "warm" Arizona and even when
the temp is over 100, the temp gauge reads slightly over mid-way.
I can't say how a four or more row unit would cool in an MG, but I once
spent big bucks for a four row in a Sunbeam Tiger and found it cooled even
less.  Apparently, this was due to the greater impediment of air flow
through it.  Eventually went back to the original radiator design, but with
internal baffles to slow the water down.  This trick lowered the temp by
over 20 degrees!
As always, timing, fuel mixture, etc. plays a large roll in operating temp.
Mike Winney
68 MGB GT

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list