Re: Midget Light Switch

To: "K Wall" <kwall@teacher.com>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Midget Light Switch
From: Eddie Sheffield <eddie@mediarchive.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 19:55:29 -0400
On Wednesday 15 August 2001 06:05 pm, K Wall wrote:
> Question 2...
> Wanted to take the midget out tonight but was held back by the fact that I
> don't have lights.  Sometimes I do - even without the ignition on - but
> currently the mode is all electronics off...  Dad has traced some of the
> trouble to a broken light switch... don't really want to pay $120 for a new
> one... does anyone know of another source or where I might find a used one?

I assume you're talking about the headlight switch? If so it's nowhere near
that expensive. Moss 141-275 would be the one for your car, and it's only
27.95 in their catalog (I'm actually looking at their previous catalog, but
did it jump that much?). Even less from most of the other distributors.

But you mention the wiper motor too - you didn't mean the wiper switch did
you? It's $120.

I've had kind of bad luck with used switches and such, so I've tried to stick
to new. Although some of the replacement switches I've gotten don't look as
well made as the older ones.

Good luck!

Eddie
1971 Midget