Re: Midget Light Switch

To: kwall@teacher.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Midget Light Switch
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 10:03:42 EDT
In a message dated 8/15/01 6:11:41 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
kwall@teacher.com writes:

> Wanted to take the midget out tonight but was held back by the fact that I
> don't have lights.  Sometimes I do - even without the ignition on - but
> currently the mode is all electronics off...  Dad has traced some of the
> trouble to a broken light switch... don't really want to pay $120 for a new

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Who is charging $120 for a headlamp switch?!?  Moss part #141-275 for the
1500 Midget is $24.95 list, and you can order it from several regular listers
and get 15% off that price.  Contact Ed at JustBrits or maybe Peter C. at
World Wide Auto Parts.  Peter sometimes has new old stock on these parts.

Buy the switch.  You won't be sorry.  Also, make sure you take a close look
at the hazard switch.  It can cause a lot of seemingly unrelated electrical
problems.  I replaced mine with one from Peter C. and all the neat things
came back on!

Good luck!  (And don't mess with the Prince of Darkness!)

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport