Passed MOT! (APK for the Dutch)

To: MGs@autox.team.net
Subject: Passed MOT! (APK for the Dutch)
From: Duinhoven_Hans@emc.com
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 14:38:17 -0400
Hi gang,

On august 1st my BGT passed the MOT test.
Guess what the guy who would finalize the paperwork on August 1st was victim
of a traffic accident last sunday and he could not finish his paperwork.
As our family went on holiday leave to France very early the day after, I
asked the (Rover) garage manager if there was an alternative.
Yes there was - the parant company (Mazda garage) had time to do a new test
(with risks to find new bad things!). Just paperwork was not acceptable,
because all MOT tests are on a person's name.
The replacement of the driveshaft UJ's made it well, but the test guy was
very strict.
He said if he would not check everything to the letter of the law, and he
would get a snap check he would lose points and at last his certificate to
perform MOT tests.

So he did a complete new test:
one clogged screenwasher jet
low beams needed adjustment
I had all USA spec lights - amber side lights fron and sides and red one on
the rear sides.
This all had to be removed, so we removed the bulbs and removed in the front
the bullet connectors of the sidelights which are combined with the
indicators.

Now came Murphy again - when finalizing the paperwork with the MOT office
via the computer he got the message this test would get a spot check! Darn!
So I called my wife to pick me up and we went back after two hours.
Yes the BGT passed the test after all and I now have the APK form with two
signatures.

The test guy of the garage said: "Have you seen it, I could not take any
risks and get negative points on my list". I had to agree - those officials
can be very nasty...

Anyway we're looking forward to a safe year driving the BGT!

Cheers,

Hans

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list