Re: Semi-nonLBC: info

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Semi-nonLBC: info
From: "Brent Schwartz" <brentschwartz@qwest.net>
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2001 04:04:09 -0500
Might I suggest a kit, such as the Factory 5,
which uses stock Mustang 5.0 parts, and
is supposedly quite reliable as long as you
don't go nuts modifying it.  Open roadster
look, side pipes, decent performance, not
tooooooo expensive.  I just wish they
would do an "Ace" body rather than
the "427" which to me looks more
brutish than elegent.

Or as a crazy idea, do a V8 conversion to an
MGB and run side pipes to your hearts content.

If you don't mind a single side pipe there
is always the Caterham "Super 7".  Which
people seem to either love or hate but few
would ever call slow.   If you just "gotta
have two side pipes" there is the Westfield
Seight which is esentially a Caterham with a
V-8.   Or if you are on a budget there is the
Birkin or the Viking.  The later allows
many differrent engines, to include a totally
wild twin turbo rotary that is unbelievably
fast.

The options are nearly limitless.....

However, I agree with the list that Porches are
fast and fun but rarely cheap and reliable.

Brent

Larry Hoy wrote:

> >AC, after treatment by Carroll Shelby.
>
> Oh sure, now there is a low maintenance car ...
>
> Larry Hoy

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list