Help-MGA brake pedal travel

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Help-MGA brake pedal travel
From: mga <mga@napanet.net>
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2001 18:31:05 -0700 (PDT)
Hello,

I have a '62 MGA.  I just rebuilt one of my rear brake cylinders, adjusted
the rear brakes, lubricated the handbrake cable so it will release properly,
and bled the whole system.  I believe I got all the air out of the system.
I also adjusted the pedal free play at the master cylinder.  Seems that the
brake pedal goes down over half its travel before it meets resistance.  If I
pump the pedal, it doesn't result in improvement, which should indicate all
the air's out of the system.

It has been so many years since I drove and maintained an MGA as my regular
car, that I don't know what's normal.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Don Scott

///