Re: MGA trade?

To: Ajhsys@aol.com
Subject: Re: MGA trade?
From: "James H. Nazarian, Ph.D." <microdoc@zoominternet.net>
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2001 14:30:28 -0400
Ajhsys@aol.com wrote:

> I would suggest that if you want to include kids in a project car, you make
> it a safe one.  A rollover in a convertible is not pretty.  Maybe an MGB-GT
> would be a good choice.  They have enough room for kiddie seats in the back
> (I think), and you can fit seatbelts in the occasional seats when they get
> older.  Add a sunroof and it is close to top-down motoring.
>
> If you decide that you really want a convertible, please consider installing
> a rollover bar.

Yikes, Allen, don't you think that is a bit much. In 36 years of driving and
more
years than that experiencing conscious awareness, I can remember only one
instance of a rollover: A foolish punk in a Jeep CJ speeding through mountain
twisties in West Virginia; his fault. If one is driving on public roads, they
ought to have enough sense to drive sanely. It they roll the car, they were not
driving sanely. If they carry passengers, children or adults, in the car, they
must not drive recklessly, ever. They shouldn't be having children if they can't
understand that. It's like saying it is okay to play with a loaded gun in the
house as long as everyone at home wears a bullet proof vest. 8^o

Jim
microdoc@zoominternet.net
1999 BMW R1100RT Very Black... of course
BMW MOA #89329, BMW RA #25289, IBMWR
2000 Audi A4 Quattro Avant Very Silver
1960 MGA 1600 Very Red
1974 MGB-GT Damask (Very Burgundy) Red
1972 Suzuki TS185 Dual Sport, Very sort of orange. For Sale

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///