RE: Dist. replacement.

To: "Max Heim" <mvheim@attbi.com>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Dist. replacement.
From: "Wil Boucher" <william@greenmgb.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 11:28:42 -0800
One thing that happens is that I will be driving along and all seems fine,
and then all the sudden the engine loses power... and sometimes just dies
completely...

Most times there is major hesitation (where I am afraid the engine is just
going stop running) when I begin acceleration...

In order to keep the engine running, the idle is set quite fast, around 1200
rpm.

The timing has been adjusted, new points, replaced the carbs with
professionally rebuilt ones, and the MG mechanics who do my more advanced
work (advanced for me any way :-) (Octagon here in Vancouver) tell me that
the dist is on the way out...  (I trust there assessment.)

From: owner-mgs@autox.team.net [mailto:owner-mgs@autox.team.net]On
Behalf Of Max Heim

First question is, what is wrong with the present distributor (or,
whatproblem are you trying to solve)?

on 1/28/02 10:26 AM, Wil Boucher at william@greenmgb.com wrote:

> I am planning an replacing my distributor, middle of February.

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///