RE: Dist. replacement. - hesitation

To: paul.hunt1@virgin.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Dist. replacement. - hesitation
From: Duinhoven_Hans@emc.com
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 10:39:39 -0500
Thanks Paul,

Looks like the first - when the choke is pulled more and longer, there is
much more power, but then the engine roars heavily @ 1500+ RPM when you wait
for the first traffic light.

The backfiring also occurs when the engine is running at "normal"
temperatures and the outside temperatures are at freezing level or lower.

How should I correct this?
Is the vacuum advance timing involved in this?
How should I check the vacuum advance mechanism?

Last saturday we had 15 deg. Celcius and great sunny weather, so driving the
GT was a pleasure.
The wedding of the Dutch crownprince Willem Alexander with his Argetina wife
Maxima was a great event also by this  most exeptional temperature.
Never in a hundred years the 2nd of february was so warm.

As lucas is my best friend, I'll check the ignition wiring anyway, but I'm
convinced the wiring is fine. The problem is to reproducable and shows no
irregular occurences, which is typical for electrical problems.

Cheers,

Hans