RE: reference material (Moss suppliers)Long

To: "'Bud Krueger'" <budkrueger@earthlink.net>,
Subject: RE: reference material (Moss suppliers)Long
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 16:37:33 -0800
Folks:

        I've got to jump in here before getting a deluge of mail from
wholesale customers.

        Bud's question was why he had not been getting any catalogs from
Moss.  I explained that the catalog mailing list is based on "date of last
activity".  If you have bought something for your car from Moss in the last
24 months you should be getting a catalog.  (Actually you have to buy
something over $20.00 that is specifically for one of the cataloged
vehicles, we were sending incorrect catalogs out by mistake to folks who
bought generic items that were listed as vehicle specific by mistake).

        The quoted statement is true.  Customers paying full retail price
subsidize the production of catalogs, customer service, tech service,
British Motoring and other labor and capital intensive services.  If all of
our sales were made at wholesale margin it would be impossible to offer such
services.  In that case the resellers would normally carry much more of the
weight of customer service.

        As for the members of this list.  I would hope that you give your
business to the wholesale suppliers because of their technical help and
enthusiasm, not just because you get a discount.  Moss is the only retail
company with a full wholesale program, which was built specifically to keep
folks like Lawrie, Skip etc. in vittles.  These guys are a resource, and
shouldn't have to discount products to get your support.

        remember that you may get the best prices in the world, but if you
are the only one left driving a British car, it isn't going to be much fun.

  Support the companies that manufacture and supply parts.  Support the
shops that still work on the cars.  Support the folks who offer technical
help.  Support your local clubs.  And most of all, support and help the next
guy who comes along asking questions.

Kelvin Dodd.

> Hi Bob (and others),
>
>       Hope I don't get into too much trouble with my friends,
> the resellers, but
> there's something else to consider.  Kelvin Dodd, list member
> who works for Moss,
> and I just went through a series of emails that I initiated by sort of
> complaining that I haven't been getting any correspondence
> from Moss.  It turns
> out that I've been doing virtually all of my parts buying
> from Lawrie, Skip,
> etc., rather than from Moss.  Let me copy and paste a bit of
> Kelvin's email to me
> after I complained about not receiving literature.  He wrote:
>

> Bud:
>
>         Now you know the problem we are faced with.  The extra margin
> between wholesale and retail is what covers the costs of
> direct mailings.
> If every body bought from our resellers, there would be no catalogs.
>
> It made me give a bit of thought to the topic, but YMMV.
>
> Bud Krueger
> 52TD

> of suppliers
> > on this list and they can help with parts and % off Moss prices.
> >
> > I also would like to see a list of drop shippers or
> re-suppliers posted
> > somewhere.  E-mail me off the list if you like.  Thank you.

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///