Re: reference material (Moss suppliers)

To: Robert Guinness <rjglaw@swbell.net>
Subject: Re: reference material (Moss suppliers)
From: Bud Krueger <budkrueger@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2002 19:09:50 -0500
Hi Bob (and others),

      Hope I don't get into too much trouble with my friends, the resellers, but
there's something else to consider.  Kelvin Dodd, list member who works for
Moss,
and I just went through a series of emails that I initiated by sort of
complaining that I haven't been getting any correspondence from Moss.  It turns
out that I've been doing virtually all of my parts buying from Lawrie, Skip,
etc., rather than from Moss.  Let me copy and paste a bit of Kelvin's email to
me
after I complained about not receiving literature.  He wrote:

Bud:

        Now you know the problem we are faced with.  The extra margin
between wholesale and retail is what covers the costs of direct mailings.
If every body bought from our resellers, there would be no catalogs.

It made me give a bit of thought to the topic, but YMMV.

Bud Krueger
52TD

Robert Guinness wrote:

> >>First thing is to get a Moss catalog.  There are a couple of suppliers
> on this list and they can help with parts and % off Moss prices.
>
> I also would like to see a list of drop shippers or re-suppliers posted
> somewhere.  E-mail me off the list if you like.  Thank you.
>
> Robert Guinness
> '77 MGB
> '75 Midget

///