RE: Was are MGBs reliable drivers, now going to the dogs

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Was are MGBs reliable drivers, now going to the dogs
From: "Neil Cotty" <neilc@apphosting.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 21:33:06 -0000
>My Viszla loves to ride in my B.  His butt is on the seat, paws on the
dash,

So did my Vizsla (!), he used to ride in my MGA but I always had to tie him
in - somehow! The doors being so low on the A he'd always try and jump out
at some inopportune moment! <G>

As for the original topic, I've driven my factory V8 what 26,000mls in 12
months and she's a champ. Pretty much totally reliable. Had to do electrics,
carb stuff, ignition etc when I first got her and now a new clutch at
90,000mls. These cars are great to drive every day once you have them
purring, and the only time I got stranded in mine is when the Facet fuel
pump nuked itself internally and I didn't have the fitting for the spare
original I carried with me. Sure they aren't an econobox drive-it-by-wire,
fall asleep at the wheel I'm sooo booorrred type car, <G> but the fun they
give you makes up for the occasional non essential modern car luxuries! :)

Cheers,
Neil
74 V8

///