Re: Was are MGBs reliable drivers, now going to the dogs

To: Richard Brown <brown409@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Was are MGBs reliable drivers, now going to the dogs
From: Bud Krueger <budkrueger@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 20:24:33 -0500
A number of years ago we had a 1973 Datsun 710 Wagon and a large German
Shepherd.  The Datsun had a seatbelt warning buzzer that would sound if it
detected someone sitting in the seat without the seatbelt fastened.  When the
dog

sat back in the seat he was heavy enough to actuate the warning switch and sound
the buzzer, which happened to be located behind the dash.  Upon hearing the
buzzer the dog would lean forward searching for the source of the sound.  When
he

did this he would shift his weight toward the front of the seat, deactivating
the

switch.  The buzzer would stop and he'd sit back in the seat.  This would go on
until the laughing became painful.

Bud Krueger
52TD (no warning buzzer)

Richard Brown wrote:

> I used to have a Daimler Double six Right Hand Drive - whenever I took
> the Dog ( an 85 lbs Irish Setter) out for a ride he would always sit in
> the left hand front seat.  People always did double takes thinking the
> dog was driving! Had a lot of fun with that!
>
> Rick
>
> <http://www.mgcars.org.uk/mgcouncil>

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list