Re: no fan motors

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: no fan motors
From: "brentschwartz" <brentschwartz@qwest.net>
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2002 16:52:28 -0600
Make a jumper to try the motor directly off the battery power and
see if it turns,  If the fan works then start working your way up
stream.

The other method is to check power at each of the components
starting at the fuse block and working towards the fan.

If it does turn out to be the motor, try a rebuild first, rebuilds
are pretty cheap and simple.  If the rebuild won't work then
contact me off list for a quote on an extra motor that I have.

"Carl W. French" wrote:

> I do not have either of the cooling fans working on my 80 B. Car sat for a
> long time in a body shop before I got it. The wiring appears to be all
> tight. The contacts were nice and greased at the fan it self. There are
> some intermittant dashboard faults (gauges and lights). The temp gauge
> works fine (I know the H works great). Where to look? The Haynes is beyond
> vague on the subject and I only have the Bentley manual for the 67. Hoping
> to take the car to work tonight and figure it out with your help.
> Carl

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///