74 MGB GT

To: "Jerry Greenberg" <jerrygreenberg@earthlink.net>
Subject: 74 MGB GT
From: "John Shidler" <allfacts@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2002 07:54:03 -0600
This message is being forwarded because I met Jerry on the list and
purchased his 74 MBG/GT this weekend. I wanted to let the list know that
Jerry is a great guy and that the car was aaccurately described bug was
truly a better deal that I ever thought it would be. I got a complete 1974
MGB/GT with minor rust for $250.00

He also threw in a complete new/ unopened  engine gasket set. All the glass
is good, the doors close solidly, the car is straight and solid. Jerry
thought there was a carbuerator problem but evidence points to a blow head
gasket. After I got the car home last night, I just had to take some heavy
grit sand paper to some of the rust spots and found that they were surface
rust only on the exterior.

The trunk area is as described with some tin worn holes that can be fixed.
The engine doesn't turn but I am going to try the PB Blaster trick and see
if I can get it to turn.

Today, I am going to try to devise a parts inventory system for keeping
track of parts as I take them off of the car. Any suggestions would be
appreciated.

Thanks again Jerry.

John Shidler