Re: weber question

To: MG Nuts <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: weber question
From: Skye Poier <skye@ffwd.cx>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 13:57:18 -0700
Word on the street is David Councill said:
> And to venture even further from the weber subject and more in response to
> Skye: which would actually be better, HIF4 or HS4 carbs or is there any
> significant difference in performance? I have the HIF4 carbs for my 72B,
> but I was going to put the engine/SU carbs in it that came out of my 71BGT.

HIF4's flow a little better than HS4's and the integrated float bowl is
less prone to fuel surge.  However the biased needle design of HIF4's
(and late HS4's) will eventually wear out the jet tube.  Also, HIF4's
have that bimetal thingy (technical term) which can make your idle a bit
lumpy after hard driving (hot under-hodd temps).

I know you can convert from swinging to fixed needle if you're really
concerned about it (I wouldn't be).

So, I would keep what you've got.

Skye

--
1966 MGB - GHN3L     Safety Fast!             __,__\__
The MGB Experience   www.mgbexperience.com   (_o____o_)