Re: drink holder

To: mmorris@nemr.net, mgs@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: drink holder
From: "Denise Thorpe" <xyzabcde@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 4 May 2002 14:49:56 -0400
Ditto.  This may not work for Monte, but I wedge the cup between the
passenger seat back and my purse.  The problem is, it requires two hands
and a quick look to put it back.  When I remember to take it, a tall narrow
ice chest wedged in with the purse works better.

While we're on the subject of cross-country drives, I slept in the
passenger side of my '67B when I drove it from Seattle to Boston last May.
Well, I slept in it when it was stopped.  Since the seats don't recline in
the early cars, I unbolted the seat back at the sides and set it where it
would go if it reclined.  With dirty clothes filling up the gaps, it was
like being in a hammock.  My head was on the package tray behind the seats
and my feet were touching the firewall.  Something large, round and
padded--I don't remember what--was holding up my knees beyond the front of
the seat bottom.  Pungent but comfy.

I always think I'm going to check out the local sights on one of these long
drives, but by the second day I smell too bad to inflict myself on anyone
else.

Denise

Carl French said:

> Ahh, this I can cover> wedge it in between a day pack
> on the passenger seat, a jacket to the front and the
> transmission tunnel to the left. The stuffing also
> keeps the drinks colder. I figure with a 2200 mile
> trip  with camping gear you should have no shortage of
> wedging materials. The KISS principal in action.

--- Denise Thorpe
--- xyzabcde@ear