RE: engine breathing modification

To: mgs@autox.team.net, "Evangelos G. Makris" <egmakris@otenet.gr>
Subject: RE: engine breathing modification
From: "Denise Thorpe" <xyzabcde@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 11:1:3 -0400
My '63 MG 1100's have PCV even thought they originally had road draft
tubes.  This only involved replacing the intake manifold and one side cover
from a later engine.  A road draft tube just seems like littering.

When I did this to my first 1100 way back when, it took me a while to
figure out why the car was suddenly using so much oil.  I kept
concentrating on the running condition of the car and the effect of PCV so
I missed the spray of oil from the threaded hole where the bottom of the
road draft tube had been bolted to the block.  The factory had drilled all
of the way through.

Denise

Evangelos G. Makris said:

> Consider this early B-series engine breathing system: non-vented oil cap,
> hose linking the rocker cover to the air filter and a metal tube from the
> rear chest cover pointing downwards.

--- Denise Thorpe
--- xyzabcde@earthlink