Re: Getting GBP in US

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Getting GBP in US
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 10:31:53 EDT
In a message dated 5/15/02 9:37:40 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
kpdii@softhome.net writes:

> What's the best way to get Pound notes in the US?  I am pretty sure if I go
> to my local small town Texas bank they will look at me funny.  I figure I
> will have to drive into Houston, but I am not sure the best place to go.

- - - - - - - - - - -

Why?  If you are planning a trip to the UK, I recommend changing money after
you get there.  The exchange rates in the states are TERRIBLE!

If you just want some funny money, any bank can do the exchange, but they
have to order the foreign currency, so you will have to wait a few days to
get it.  You may also try an American Express office.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'75 Midget "The Project"