Re: Period performance

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Period performance
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2002 12:32:09 EDT
In a message dated 8/10/02 3:16:13 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
owner-mgs-digest@autox.team.net writes:

> 1. We race on a twisty 2 lane road through an unpopulated hilly
> section of town.
>             < or >
>     2. We drag race - starting with empty fuel tanks - and each gets a
> one-gallon can of gasoline. I figured with the electric fuel pump in
> my MGA I'd be off and running before he could get his V-8 fired.
> He declined either challenge.

Cute!
You missed one possibility - you disconnect the starter solenoid on both
cars. You might wear yourself out using the crank to start yours, but he'd be
dead in the water (or looking for help to push start his).

Bill
(who had to use the crank to start his MGA one day at the drive-in (remember
those) while the assembled American car brigade hooted, laughed, and made
rude comments about winding up the little car)