Re: Dashpot oil

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Dashpot oil
From: Bullwinkle <yd3@nvc.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2002 22:42:41 -0500
The TD manual states "Shell S.A.E. 20" and others for all
conditions.  Engine oils are listed as 10, 20 or 30
depending on temperature.

The MGA manual states "Shell 20W" and others for all
conditions.  Engine oils are 10, 20, 30, or 10 and 20W/30
depending on the brand.

The 1962-1973 MGB manual states "Shell 20W/50" for 10
degrees F and above and others.  For 0 to 20 F, 10w/30.  For
0 F and below 5W/20.  These are the same as the engine oils.

So, as improvements in oil came about the recommendations
changed.  I can't see where the later carb's dampener
assembly would operate differently than an earlier one.
Without checking part numbers, I would think that the
dampeners are all the same.  So, John Twists recommendation
is probably as good as any.

G'day
Blake