I took it as a variation of the 'kill a cat' thread.
And just because a dog can't be a huntin' dog doesn't
mean they should be euthanized. Most of the dogs in
the news the last year or two is because of mean,
stupid, untrainable humans that own them.
Last year I had my cat in the animal emergency room for
a tail caught in the door. A man came running in with a
beautiful big white dog, some kind of shepard I think.
He said, anti-freeze, and man did the employees get hopping.
When I left, the dog was stable. I had talked with the man.
His brother had been real careless, and was going to get
a serious talking to.
On Sat, Sep 28, 2002 at 12:00:56AM -0500, Bullwinkle wrote:
> I'll just give it to the dog. I hear they love it.
> I do hope you said that in jest. Antifreeze is poisonous to
> dogs. It causes the kidneys, (liver) to fail. The sweet
> taste is attractive to all animals.
> I am not a SPCA fiend, but I do like most dogs. Some are
> just mean, stupid, untrainable, or dumb and thus should be
> euthanized. However, a good gentle well trained hunting dog
> like my German Wire Hair is a joy and great companion. It
> will be a sad day when I have to put him down.
Paul T. Root - CCSA, CCSE, CCNA
600 Stinson Blvd, Fl 1S PAG: +1 (877) 693-7155
Minneapolis, MN 55413 WRK: +1 (612) 664-3385
NIC: PTR FAX: +1 (612) 664-4779
/// or try http://www.team.net/cgi-bin/majorcool
/// Archives at http://www.team.net/archive