Re: Twin Cam - Re: [MGA_restorersgroup] EX 182 !

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Twin Cam - Re: [MGA_restorersgroup] EX 182 !
From: "David Breneman" <idcb@airborne.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 09:53:22 -0700 (PDT)
I SEZ -
> Bullwinkle SEZ -
> >
> > So few of the really milestone MG's are located in the US
> > even though the US recieved about 75% of the total post WWII
> > production.  Even some of the Sebring cars are now longer
> > here.  It would be great in the car would stay in the US.
>
> I forwarded this message to the Harold LeMay Museum
> in Tacoma.

I got a reply from Eric LeMay expressing interest in the car, but
they need to know if it's the genuine LeMans car.  He wrote:

> There is a longshot possibility we might be interested in this car, but I
> need to know which EX-182 this is because that will make a big difference in
> its value. All of the EX-182s had a designation and 4-6 of them were built
> starting with EX-182/38... to EX-182/42 (or possibly up to 44).

Can anybody here provide verification that it's the actual
history-making car and not one of its siblings?

- Dave

--
David Breneman                   | "Before there were CDs there were
Distributed Systems S/W Analyst  |  records, and before there were