Re: Refurbishing wire wheels

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Refurbishing wire wheels
From: "David Breneman" <idcb@airborne.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 12:32:38 -0700 (PDT)
Hans Duinhoven SEZ -
> Why not replacing all spokes and have the rim painted before respoking the
> wheel.
> Carefully check whether the fit onto the hub is whithout any kind of play.

Don't you need some kind of special equipment to respoke a wheel?
Seems like it would be awfully easy to end up with an eccentrically
rotating rim if you didn't have some kind of jig to keep the rim
and hub in alignment.  I bought plenty of $35 junkyard MGB wheels
in my youth, but it seems like all the hassle of doing this type of
work yourself isn't worth the ~$150 a new wheel costs.

--
David Breneman                   | "Before there were CDs there were
Distributed Systems S/W Analyst  |  records, and before there were