RE: Refurbishing wire wheels

To: "'David Breneman'" <idcb@airborne.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Refurbishing wire wheels
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 12:41:11 -0700
Absolutely David:

Respoking a wire wheel is best left to the experts, or the terminally
retentive.

Respoking makes sense on unique or vintage wheels.  MWS in the UK can fully
restore a wire wheel, including remetaling and machining the center splines.

You know, all this talk of wire wheels makes me want to have a ww car again.
I got to follow a nice red MGB out of the San Diego Car Show on Sunday.  It
was nice watching the light sparkle on the spinning wheel nuts.  Oh well.  I
grew up with a worn out ww 70B which got converted to alloys when I could
not keep up with the wheels jamming.  I was the one selling the $35 wire
wheels since at the time, new wheels were next to impossible to afford.

Funny, now I can afford to spend money on my car, the parts are so much
cheaper.

Kelvin.