Re: The answer to "Why are there no listers from China"?

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: The answer to "Why are there no listers from China"?
From: Max Heim <mvheim@attbi.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2002 10:40:28 -0800
Gee, thanks to great Americans like John Ashcroft, and the friendly
legislators who gave us the Patriot Act, several of those items you listed
can also get you prosecuted in the good old USA (see below). Of course, you
would hardly want to encourage most of this activity -- it's the free speech
ramifications that are the issue.

While I am certain most listers join you in deploring the human rights
situation in China, it is not the only place where civil liberties are under
threat.

Frankly, the only relevant part of the whole post was this item:
"2). Another reason that there are no MG listers from China is that I'd
bet that there are not many MG enthusiast in China..."

Well, yeah... or in Bangladesh, or Iceland, or Ivory Coast... what's the
point?

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149