Peco from Re: Brit-tek

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Peco from Re: Brit-tek
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 16:05:11 -0700
First it was Brittek. Then when looking at their website, I checked out the
exhausts since that is likely my next acquisition for my 72B. I've been
using the Monza or Ansa exhaust for many years. My son took my exhaust, all
previously welded into one unit, and put it on his car, leaving me with his
headpipe/intermediate pipe (65B) and a few other stock pieces.

I looked at the Peco exhaust and Brittek does a good job pitching its ease
of installation and fit. Then I checked the archives because I know the
peco has been mentioned many times. A few questions remain - like, how easy
is the header to install? Or would it work just as well to use my head pipe
and an adapter and exhaust manifold rather than their header? That way, I
can still enjoy the excitement of those six flange bolts and ponder whether
the exhaust gaskets go metal side up or down. If I don't go with the
header, I'm saving almost half the cost. Last time I ordered a header
(granted some generic brand), I sent it back because it was worse than the
standard exhaust header in design and in quality.

David Councill
67 BGT
72 B