Re: garage heater advice

To: jandr95@starband.net
Subject: Re: garage heater advice
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 19:49:30 -0500
   This summer I was able to buy a used oil fired forced hot air furnace
from my oil dealer. It had been taken from a house with two hot air
furnaces that were being replaced by a single boiler, and he assured me
that it had many years of good service left.  He quoted $100 but invoiced
$75, delivered.
   There oil tank and chimney for the house boiler are in the garage, so
it was fairly easy to hook into both.    A friend with some experience in
HVAC work hooked it up, and I am well pleased with this improvement.
   If you have access to oil tank and chimney, I would recommend
installation like this.  I am so happy with the better air distribution
and the absence of concern about unvented heaters, tripping over hoses
and handling fuels. My oil dealer said that he does a couple of R&R jobs
each year, and that half the removed furnaces are good for many years of
service in a garage with the use we will give them.
Bob