RE: Manufacturer's Profits at Buyer's Expense

To: "MG Digest" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Manufacturer's Profits at Buyer's Expense
From: "Rick Guynn" <rguynn@houston.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 20:37:29 -0600
Companies are in the business of making money.  If people are willing to pay
the prices, that's what they will charge.  There is no reason why they
should be ashamed of trying to make as much money as they can *when* they
can.  If it was a monopoly, that would be a different matter.  If your
company (assuming you're not self-employed) offered you $10k more than you
really *needed* to subsist, would you say "no, I don't want to make more
money, I would rather the company keep it" ?

RG