Convertible top swap?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Convertible top swap?
From: "Paul M." <rowman22001@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 18:00:01 -0700 (PDT)
Does the folding convertible top from '70 and later
cars fit on early cars and vice versa?  My 1971 looks
like it has the receptacles for the early
stowaway-style top frame...

If they're interchangeable, anyone want to trade?  I
hate this stupid folding top.  It hogs all the package
tray space and I swear it takes longer to put up then
the stowaway version on my old '63 used to.

Maybe it's just because I'm coming out of an Alfa
Spider, where the top was a four second, one-handed
exercise.  The only elegant piece of engineering on
that whole darn car...

=====
Paul Misencik
1971 MGB Tourer - Blaze