Re: Summer Torture

To: Rocky Frisco <rock@rocky-frisco.com>, "Bob D."
Subject: Re: Summer Torture
From: "Paul M." <rowman22001@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 05:54:15 -0700 (PDT)
>> What's your favorite top-down temperature?

> I drove the MGB-based Victor TF Special
> all last winter without a top.  Temps
> down below freezing often. I wore a WW I
> flying helmet replica, goggles and thermal
> underwear.  ;)

Ooof, that's commitment.  Although I did spend one day
this winter roaring around in four inches of snow in
my (then) Alfa Spider - top down, engine wailing and
tail out - leaving gaping mouths in my wake
everywhere.  I know it's juvenile, but I just can't
seem to outgrow that kind of thing!  My wife has a
Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited with heated everything,
but when it snows, I always leave the Jeep in the
garage and go out for a little while in whatever
ancient sportscar I have and roar around pretending
I'm Petter Solberg...

But I like it chilly, I have to admit.  My favorite
top down weather is at night in springtime.  Jacket
weather.  A day that was in the low to mid 70's turns
into a night in the low to mid '60s.  Late at night,
no one on the roads... I like the heater blowing warm
air into the cockpit and just barely fighting off the
cold air from outside.

=====
Paul Misencik
1971 MGB Tourer - Blaze