Re: Brake/Clutch Hydraulics

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Brake/Clutch Hydraulics
From: ejrussell@mebtel.net
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 12:06:11 -0400
Jim, rebuilding is not that difficult (but it has to be done right...)

I suggest you remove the MC's (& clutch slave), dissassemble and carefully
inspect the bores. I fear the time the car spent sitting may allow rusting to
have formed in the MC's. If that is true, a very slight hone may clean them up
but if there are any significant pits you'll either need to replace them or
have them 'sleeved'.

IIRC, the clutch slave is aluminum and may clean up OK. Replace the push rod &
clevis pin.

You ask what else to check - be sure to consider replacing the brake hoses &
carefully inspect the brake lines.

Please remember that a car that won't start could ruin your day. A car that
won't stop could ruin your whole life...

Eric
1960 MGA
1978 MGB