Re: Ignition circuit of '66 B

To: "Bob D." <bobmgtd@insightbb.com>, "mgs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Ignition circuit of '66 B
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 16:49:11 +0100
It's NOT an old wives tale.  I haven't actually burnt it out yet but on the
two occasions I have inadvertently left the ignition on it has got very hot
and the engine has refused to start until it has cooled down.  All the more
annoying since it is relatively new.  It is also a significant drain on the
battery if parked for several hours.

In theory it is no worse sitting parked with the fuel system pumped up to
working pressure than it is driving along, it will be at exactly the same
pressure for almost exactly the same length of time, but I wouldn't choose
to do it.  Any leaks are hazardous in either case, just possibly worse while
parked if you are sitting over a spreading pool and someone chuck a fag-end
(UK) in your direction ...