Re: New Gas Tank In -- Huh?!?

To: barneymg@MGAguru.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: New Gas Tank In -- Huh?!?
From: MGTD1952@cs.com
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 21:37:53 EDT
In a message dated 6/23/03 6:52:22 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
barneymg@mgaguru.com writes:

> Perhaps a parts mismatch between the gauge and the sending unit (one of
> them the wrong part), or a short to ground in the wire between the gauge
> and the sender.  If you ground the sender wire on the MGA the gauge goes to
> empty. For the MGB it would go to the full mark.

I'll check the line, but the old sender sent the signal just fine.  The only
problem was that, for some reason, the tank was empty when the quage still
showed just over 1/4 left.  And how did I find that out, you ask,.....well,
let's
just say the significant other never misses a chance to remind me about that
incident!

With the new sender, it jumps right to full and stays there.

Steve in NJ