Re: safe driving tip

To: james.harwood@sbcglobal.net
Subject: Re: safe driving tip
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 17:19:03 -0500
  Once upon a time I was driving my 220Sb Mercedes through the elevated
area in Bridgeport.  Ahead a cast-iron bathtub fell out of a truck.
Surprisingly, it did not shatter. In what seemed to be slow motion it
slid on and on and on, throwing sparks everywhere, turning slowly then
spinning. And then it did shatter, dramatically, large chunks of metal
that went into a disorganised patch that grew rapidly, pieces all over
the road and in the air.  I was very pleased with the old MB's large,
finned drum brakes and the Michelin X tires, though not enough so that a
repeat performance would be fun.
Bob