Re: Carb & Trans Oil Questions

To: Paul Hunt <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Carb & Trans Oil Questions
From: Charles & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 11:37:10 -0500
   Paul,  I've been there and done that.  When the leak past the end of
the butterfly shafts gets bad enough, you can't slow the engine down by
use of the idle screws.  It's like a leak at carb to manifold gaskets or
manifold to head gasket.  If you richen up the mixture enough to slow it
down, you get into an over-rich running condition that decreases the gas
mileage and will foul the plugs.

   Consider: the guy packed heavy grease around the ends of the
butterfly shafts and the engine slowed down dramatically.  What more do
you need to know?

   Cheers,

    CR