Re: light indicator help

To: "bernd" <bernd.vabeach@erols.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: light indicator help
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 09:47:30 +0100
Is this both sides?  Glowing but not flashing, or not even glowing?  I'll
assume both sides and not even glowing.  Seeing as how you have tried
switching the hazards on and off a few times, check for 12v on both sides of
the flasher unit with the ignition on and the turn switch to one side or the
other.  If not there go back to the hazard switch and check for 12v on both
greens.  If one side but not the other it is the hazard switch.  If on
neither check the 4-way bullet connector behind the dash that feeds the
instruments as well, and that is fed from the fusebox.  If you have 12v both
sides of the flasher unit then check the light-green/brown, green/white and
green/red wires at the turn switch and the multi-way connector by the
column.  The green/white and green/red from that connector out to the lights
is common with the hazard wiring so if the hazards flash the lights it is
unlikely to be anything there.

PaulH.