RE: De Smog Question

To: "'Eugene Balinski'" <eugeneb@nni.com>, <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: De Smog Question
From: "Frank Marrone" <itswonderful@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2004 10:19:34 -0700
HELP! P/N 02252  5/8" rubber plug seems to work to seal off the outlet of
the 90 degree fitting.

The 90 degree fitting on my '73 was left in place after the smog pump
removal and the fitting had a bolt stuck in it (we are talking about the 90
degree fitting on the intake manifold, right?).  It was leaking a fair
amount when I got the car so I applied the plug in addition to the bolt and
it seemed to take care of the problem.  If you were concerned about a
backfire jettisoning the plug I suppose you could also apply a small hose
clamp to secure the plug.

Frank
'73 GT

> Listers,
>
>     I have to decided to de-smog my 80 B as I had to remove
> the seized air pump to relace the thermostat housing
> gasket.   ...

>     I would prefer not to have to tap the hole with the
> possibility of metal shavings making their way into the
> intake manifold and cylinders.    Has anyone come up with a
> different method to plug the hole ?
>         Gene Balinski
>               80 B

Check out the new British Cars Forum: