Re: Kid seat in MGB?

To: Derek Vandivere <derek@vandivere.net>, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Kid seat in MGB?
From: Carl French <leylandauto@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 09:31:16 -0700 (PDT)
It depends how obsesive you want to get. Taking them anywhere in any vehicle is
dangerous. In a good, well designed car seat and good (brand new) retractable
seatbelts you are giving him a reasonable chance. Consider a good roll bar, not
one of the cosmetic ones.
Carl French

Derek Vandivere <derek@vandivere.net> wrote:
So, two questions:

First, am I correct in assuming that it's not terrifically unsafe to put
a baby seat in a B in the passenger seat? I know that you're supposed to
put them in the back seat once they're facing forward, but if there's no
back seat, surely it's okay to put them in the front seat, right? At
least you don't have to worry about air bags.

Second, and more importantly: how have you convinced your partner (or,
in my case, ex) that it's okay? Really looking forward to seeing how she
likes it, especially since the car seems so much happier now that it's
got a new battery.

Check out the new British Cars Forum: