Re: An essential need for another British Car Magazine

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net, ATWEDITOR@aol.com
Subject: Re: An essential need for another British Car Magazine
From: Kevin Smith <ksmith40@centurytel.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 22:59:46 -0500
I enjoyed that mag for the car club/show info.  The B.S. Levy (who was
hawking books last weekend at a show around here) stuff was good for
about two articles.  I'm not a racer, so the new wore off quickly.  In
fact, reading many of the columns reminded me of the stories that old
men tell sitting on benches in front of small town country stores.  If
you stay long enough to hear it all, you might get a chuckle or two.
Nobody's handing out Pulitzers, but then nobody's trying to get one
either.

I enjoyed the lighter treatments about Morgans and Allards, and other
vehicles I will rarely see, and therefore I really don't want to know
whether the pan bolts are 7/16 or 1/2 inch.

I read CM until my subscription ran out.  It was okay, but here in
circle track land, it didn't hit close enough to home to keep interest,
and the collectible car segments didn't do it enough for me either.

Right now, I read MGB Driver--when I can get it.  The last issue I got
was May/June, and I know my membership isn't due for a while...

Kevin

Check out the new British Cars Forum: