BMC radio find +/_ ? toast

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: BMC radio find +/_ ? toast
From: "WESLEY SMITH" <wes-smith@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2004 22:06:32 -0700
Hi List

I bought a British Motor Corporation radio today at an estate sale.  It
looks good.  It has no switch on the side to + or -  like the one in my car.
  I am guessing the radio is positive ground because MG didn't switch over
to negative ground untill after the late 60s and the style changed on this
radio.

Otherwise it looks just like the one I bought on ebay a while back.
Actually I got a second rado today to that looks allot like the original
that came out of my car( motorolla) .  There was also a black box with no
identification that I suspect was something I had once years ago that
changed the current from + ground to negative ground I put in my old sprite
30 years ago. So I would like to test these radios. Is there a clue hear or
somewhere that will help me? I am thinking if I make the wrong guess their
toast.

Check out the new British Cars Forum: