MGC update after tie rod end success

To: <Saabnutty@aol.com>, <Mgs@Autox.Team.Net>,
Subject: MGC update after tie rod end success
From: "James Schulte" <schultejim@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 22:21:17 -0700
Donny,
I'm in the middle of bleeding the brakes. I have to replace the bottom brake
line that runs from the front too the back. It blew out in the middle under
pressure do to rust.  I happen to have a brake line kit made of copper which
makes it very easy to bend. I bought it for my 70B at a swap meet 5 years ago
and discovered it was for a RHD car. So I shelved it. Low and behold, the
lines are coming in handy right now.
I've purchased knock off Mini lite wheels and am ready to mount the new
Pirrelli speed rated tires, and shelve the painted wires. I'm not confident in
the wires and prefer a notion of stability for the sorting out of the
suspension in the C. The Mini lites will at least eliminate several potential
problems, flats from punctures in inner tubes, steering wheel shutter from
unbalanced wires, and flexing at high speeds (-:
The tranny appears sound and the clutch works after some imaginative fixing.
The electrics still need some sorting like the Tach still doesn't work, but
running lights, flashers, and turn signals all work. Just need decent weather
for potential first test drive by mid week.
Jim