Head bolt Torque Emergency

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Head bolt Torque Emergency
From: itswonderful@comcast.net
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 19:36:04 +0000
Hi,

On the way to work today my '73 GT started emitting large amounts of white
smoke from the tailpipe.  I had to stop halfway to work to add a gallon of
coolant.  I managed to limp into work.  I'm going to try to get it home,  I'm
thinking blown head gasket or worse but I figure it is worth a try retorquing
the heads before I head home.  Fortunately I have tools in the car and access
to a torque wrench but I do not know the torque spec for the bolts.  Can
someone tell me what the torque rating of the head bolts are?

Frank
'73GT