RE: Head bolt Torque Emergency

To: "'Larry list account'" <list@marketvalue.net>, <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Head bolt Torque Emergency
From: "Frank Marrone" <itswonderful@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 18:58:50 -0800
 Hi Larry,

Yep, made it home but had to stop because the temp gauge pegged about half
way there.  Needed another gallon of water and I added a quart of oil to
help increase the oil to water ratio.  I could hear lots of loud popping
noises from the valve cover, I assume it was boiling water.  There was a lot
of that milky white sludge in there.

Thanks for the advice, I had a similar problem on a '73 roadster about 15
years ago.  I had a cracked head in that instance and did the R&R myself but
being so long ago I need the input to jog my memory.

I'll do a little diagnosis but expect the head will be coming off soon.
Don't really need this right now, I'm working hard almost every night to
finally complete a 13 year Sunbeam Tiger restoration.  My vehicular luck is
poor lately, I sold a 2002 Acura RSX type S Saturday because I wanted to
reel in the finances a bit thinking I could drive the MG.  Monday I dropped
my Buell motorcycle in the driveway and broke off the shifter.  I'm down to
my '63 Nova wagon and I'm really worried about the drive into work tomorrow.

Keeping my fingers crossed...

Frank
'73 GT