Re: Penetrating oil

To: "Barrie Robinson" <barrie@look.ca>,
Subject: Re: Penetrating oil
From: "Larry Daniels" <ladaniels@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 1 May 2005 21:06:51 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: "Barrie Robinson" <barrie@look.ca>

Don,

Dinol/ Dinitrol for cars is not sold in Canada - except AV-30 in spray cans
- and then you have to buy a case of 12 -  Oh yes and they do have 19 litre
cans !!!   What is 3125 specified for?  I know they use Dinol in the UK for
cars but when I spoke to the US chap he said Americans were not interested
in quality just price so they only sell to the aircraft industry - and
AV-30 was as close he could advise to do cars

At 10:41 AM 4/30/2005, Don Malling wrote:

>Hi Paul,
>
>What is your opinion of Dinitrol 3125?
>
>Don Malling
>
>Paul Hunt wrote:
>>I've used Waxoyl for the sills and other box sections, but it does need to
>>be thinned to liquid and/or sprayed on a hot day or it will stick where it
>>hits and not run, that is if you can even get a spray out of the gun.  But
>>even several days or weeks after spraying, getting some decent sunshine
>>onto
>>the panel, will liquidise it and cause it to drip out of the drain holes.
>>Needn't worry too much about getting to the tops of the box sections as
>>they
>>usually rot through at the bottom, but thin/hot enough to spray and using
>>the purpose-made cavity adapter (a long plastic tube with a nail stuffed
>>in
>>the open end) will reach anyway.  I have used clean engine oil at the
>>front
>>and rear sections of the sill where they are behind the front and rear
>>wing
>>cover panels as the gap is so narrow that Waxoyl tends to bridge the gap
>>and
>>not run down adequately, even in hot sunshine.  Others have talked of
>>sealing up all the drain holes and pouring clean engine oil in the top to
>>fill the sills (don't forget there is an inner and an outer cavity) then
>>draining it out.  This can be reused in other cavities (probably not the
>>engine or gearbox!) unless it has flushed out a load of water.
>>PaulH.

Barrie Robinson
705-721-9060
MGB GT V8 in the making
Aston Martin DB 2/4 MkII in the wings

Guys,

I had no luck trying to find Dinol/Dinitrol in the U.S.  I talked to my
brother, who is big into airplanes, and, in fact, is finishing building one
right now.  These airplane guys don't screw around when it comes to quality
components (would you?).  He steered me towards Aircraft Spruce once again
and I came up with this:
http://www.aircraftspruce.com/menus/ap/corrosion.html

I can't attest to any of these products other than to note the obvious
quality demands of the industry.

Also, a while back there was a thread going on the Spridget list about
electronic fuel pumps.  These guys have the best prices I've ever seen on
Facet pumps.  Check it out:
http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/eppages/facetpumps.php

See part #40105

Regards,

Larry Daniels
79 MGB LE
72 Midget
58 Bugeye

"You only need two tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it
doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it
shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape."