Re: Penetrating oil

To: "Don Malling" <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Subject: Re: Penetrating oil
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 12:29:11 +0100
Hi Don,

Not used it myself but I think I recall reading that it does flow better
than Waxoyl.  But in my experience Waxoyl doesn't flow at all one sprayed,
just sticks to whatever it hits, unless what it hits is hot to the touch.
However getting some warm sunshine onto the panel then liquidises it and I'd
expect it to flow as well as anything in its truly liquid state.  The
exception being the deep but narrow spaces between the sills and front and
rear wing panel cover panels, with those it is asking too much for the
Waxoyl to run down and adequately cover both panels, which is why I use
engine oil there.  I think its 'reflowing' capability is fine for seams
elsewhere.  Even with Dinitrol, unless you fill up those narrow cavities and
then drain out the excess, I'd be surprised if it fully covered both faces.

Cheers,
Paul.