Re: MG and TVR merge?

To: RampantNM@aol.com
Subject: Re: MG and TVR merge?
From: "Paul T. Root" <ptroot@iaces.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2005 09:44:38 -0500
I like the idea of MG and TVR "merging". Could be just what MG
needs. Focus on low volume and just sports cars. Like Alchemy was
going to do before Phoenix pushed in.

What engines does TVR use now? Would you suppose they would continue
in the develop a car, and get someone else's engine model for the
MG? Pick the right engine and that makes it much easier to come back
to the US.

I believe they also want Longbridge, since their factory is horribly
outdated.

As to Morgan, being a baby boomer at the tail end (I'm certainly not
a Gen-Xer - no offense), I actually like both the classic Plus 8 and
V-6 roadster, and the Aero. The Aero looks like it belongs in one of
those high-style futuristic movies. There's room for both. Though I
can't see my paycheck ever putting me in the market for any of these
cars. :-)

Paul.

--
    ______      Paul T. Root